Tap to call 1-877-907-5267 and get a quote

Accountant Insurance - Get Your Quote Today

General Liability, Professional Liability, Workers’ Compensation & More

Down Arrow

What type(s) of insurance do you desire?

OK, and what sort of business do you own?

Fill in your info so we can get you the best rate:

We've received your information successfully!

One of our agents will contact you shortly to discuss your rates and possibilities.
Prefer an immediate quote? Call us toll-free at 1-877-907-5267

Fill in this easy form and we will connect you with an insurance specialist who will find the best rate!
Don't feel like filling in a form? Skip ahead of the line and call us toll-free: 1-877-907-5267

Progressive The Hartford Travelers Insurica Gallagher
Affordable, Convenient and Simple Professional Insurance


Insurance for Accountants


  General Liability:   YES     (Bodily Injury or Property Damage)
  Property Insurance:   YES     (Building and/or Contents)
  Payment Options:   YES     (Pay in Full OR Payment Plans)
  Low Down Payments:   YES     (Flexible Payment Options)


Specific to the accountant, it is important to determine with your insurance professional the policy limits of a professional liability policy or errors and omissions (E & O) insurance. E & O insurance is additional coverage not covered in the general liability policy. Accountants, attorneys, and engineers need this additional coverage, which offers far greater and more specific liability coverage.

A business owner’s policy normally covers all the basic needs for your accounting firm. This includes basic property and liability protection for your business. More often than not, your business owner’s policy can be added to coverage(s) and extended as your business grows. Property insurance will include the building your business is located, either owned or leased. In addition, furnishing, equipment, machinery, tools, computer and phone systems, and anything used to conduct business will be protected. The general liability coverage, not to be confused with the Professional E & O, described above covers the firm from being held liable for injury or error. This includes damage to property, people, and implied damages. It is important to remember that liability insurance covers the cost of litigation for these claims. Additional types of coverage such as loss of income are often included in the business owner’s policy. Discuss these options with your licensed insurance professional.

Every business, including accounting firms, need to protect the business, the owner, and if applicable, it’s officers and board. If the firm is large enough, it may wish to consider directors and officer’s liability insurance. Again, this differs from general liability and professional liability insurance. Every business with employees is required to carry worker’s compensation except in Texas. (While not required, it still makes sense.) 

Review the specifics of your business with your licensed insurance professional. Together, you will be able to determine the proper coverage necessary to reduce the risk exposure of your business.

I had to renew plow insurance. Let’s just say it isn’t easy, so many strings attached. But Commercial Insurance stepped in and helped me out. They found a policy that would work. Thanks guys!
Jason Perez
Very helpful and their customer service is top notch! Very pleased with their service.
Charla Weatherford
Hands of Hope Adult Homecare, LLC
Very knowledgable. Efficient service. A willingness to work "outside the box".
Patch Hickok