As a new business owner, do I really need business insurance?
This question comes up often for us. The question is really this, “Why do I really need business insurance, especially as a start up company?” I mean really, isn’t that the real statement behind our title? Don’t you really want to ask that same question yourself? What follows is a list of real scenarios documented with carriers across the country. Reading through, we hope you have that “A-HA” moment regarding your business. Let’s take a look at these real incidents which impacted businesses across the country;
- One of your employees is interviewed by a publication without your knowledge. In the interview, your employee refers to a competitor as, “A sleaze ball who gouges his customers every chance he gets.” That competitor immediately sues you and your business.
- You walk into your office the day after your grand opening and discover the back door wide open and all your computers and phones and furnishings are gone.
- Your toaster oven you set up in your community area overheats and causes your newly leased office space and entire building to burn down.
- You meet prospective clients for lunch, one has to leave and you volunteerto give the other a ride home. Driving back to their office, you run a stop sign and get hit by another vehicle in which everyone involved gets seriously injured.
- A customer walks into your store, slips on a just mopped floor and breaks their ankle.
- A month into your retail shop being opened, vendors start calling demanding payment on bad checks. You discover your bookkeeper made deposits to her account and has now disappeared.
These and hundreds of other real life stories affect both new and existing businesses every single day. One small incident, without coverage in place can financially ruin a company. Insurance allows you to control the results of the unexpected. Don’t let an unexpected event result in financial ruin.